Monday, December 3, 2007

Smiles From Mysore





Dear Katie and Friends at City Yoga
1) My Mysore milestone
2) Shala steps at 4:45 AM
3) Guruji

4) Saraswati

Say Puri!


The shala is surprisingly crowded again. I say surprisingly because it will be closed from 14 December until 5 January and so most of the advanced and semi-permanent people have already relocated to Goa and workshops there with teachers like Sharath, Rolf, Tim Miller and so many others.
I have begun starting at 5AM to stay with the early group and their heat. Before the sun comes up these last two weeks the mornings are a comfortably cooler 60 - 65 degrees but the shala is energetically and physically steamed with the 30 - 40 early folks. As the morning progresses, the temperature heats up outside but inside the shala the intensity decreases and there is noticeably less heat in the room. It's very interesting. I really love the early morning starts and hope I can continue them when I get back home. Took more pics today in the shala because I wanted to get one with Saraswati but each time I've tried she has been busy with her afternoon class. Today she was in the office with Guruji and when I asked if I could have a photo with her she said "sure, you are my good student". Only two more practices left for me in Mysore. It's sad. There's so much I know that I will miss when I have left. Planning the return trip already.
Hugs from Mysore,
Larsy

0 comments: