Thursday, November 1, 2007

First report from Mysore...

Hey Katie,
Registered yesterday and saw and spoke with Guruji.First practice today. Saraswathi asked me if I was "a beginner or you practice?" I told her practicing 4 years. She said, OK you come at 5:30.Only about 30-35 people practicing. Plenty of room. It's muggier than inSeattle. I was dripping after fourth surya A.She gave me one adjustment. As I was leaving there were still a few practicing (I wasn't the last one out) but she nabbed me and said "you didback-bending?" I said yes, she said "Dropping back"? I said no, BUSTED! She said "Monday you wait, I will help. Any pose you want help you wait, I will come". So, the myth that they don't toiuch you if you're only here for a month is false. She spoke very kindly to me and reminded me thatFriday and Sunday are Led and start at 5AM.Met a woman from Olympia after the practice. Trying to get my bearings and fill up a long open day. It's hot and humid. My room is about 100 yards from the shala.I might be here for 5 weeks, and then to Lino's.That's it for the first Mysore report. I'm learning lots of what to do and what not to do for/if there are other trips. Despite all my attempts to get details, there's nothing like actually being here. Some of that internet advice is just bogus.Take care and say hello to everyone at City Yoga.
Love,Larsy
Listen to the NPR story about mysore... (thanks Judy)

1 comments:

Tom Deutschman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.