Thursday, January 10, 2008

Welcome Zeny!


Yes my name is really Zeny, and yes I am a Yogini. I was baptized Zeny Rose Bagatsingh, born and raised in Manila, Philippines. I moved to Spokane in 1996, am married to Jerry and have 2 sons-Elijah and Spencer.
Although I have Indian roots I didn't discover Yoga until my twenties, when I began to teach Group Fitness classes at the local gym. Initially I was only interested the the physical aspect of Yoga, but over time the spiritual aspects of Yoga created in me a hunger to learn all I can. Soon I found myself attending Teacher Trainings, and reading book after book on Yoga, Anatomy, Eastern Philosophy. I have immersed myself and continue to do. Yoga for me is more than something you do on a mat, it is a way of life-living harmoniously with oneself and the world. My principal teacher is Andrey Lappa, Ukranian Yoga Master, and I am certified by him to teach Universal Yoga-a multidimesional system of Yoga, as well as Dance of Shiva-system of conscious liberation thru the development of coordination and reaction. I am ever grateful to Andrey for being not only my Yoga Teacher but also Spiritual Mentor. His intelligence and compassion inspire me to become as fully developed as I can, not only in Yoga but in all aspects of my life.

Zeny will be teaching the new "Mandala Vinyasa Level 1-2" Class which begins tonight at 7:00pm

0 comments: