Sunday, July 22, 2007

Nelson, BC







I know that Nelson, British Columbia is a favorite weekend getaway for many in Spokane, but in five years of living here this was my first trip. First of all the lake is amazing! As I walked to the yoga studio in the morning I almost could have walked down to row - it was ideal rowing conditions pretty much every day - and there was very little power boat traffic. Our hotel, the Mountain Hume, was ironically about 25 steps from the yoga studio, Shanti Yoga, where I practiced and got a lot of help from the teacher Katie Sawyer who is building the mysore program there. We ate, The Outer Clove and the All Seasons Cafe were our favorite, and hung out at coffee (Oso Negro - where we also ate breakfast) and walked around Nelson a lot. We went for a short hike one day, but our favorite was the Ainsworth Hot Springs - next time we go we will go there everyday.Walking into the water at the hot springs was the most stress relieving experience I think I have ever had. We loved our trip, but we're glad to be home!


0 comments: